The 419 scam is a kind of fraud where a person receives an unsolicited communication (usually email, but often fax or letter) from a person concerning a (usually) Nigerian (or other third-world) business opportunity. The name derives from the pertinent section (419) of the Nigerian Criminal Code that criminalizes this plan.This scam is also called as the “Advance Fee Fraud”,”419 Fraud”,” Nigerian scam” and “The Nigerian Connection”.
Many people around the world are receiving Nigerian letters and are becoming the victims of spam. So it is essential to make general public aware of the problem so that do not become victims of a possible scam.
How to Identify Email scam:
- The letter or email is marked “urgent”,” top secret” or “confidential and stress you to act immediately.
- The confidential nature of the transaction is stressed.
- A promise to share or transfer millions of dollars to you for your help or participation.
- The claims may have strong ties with the Nigerian Government or the Central Bank of Nigeria to your confidence.
- Generally the proposal may contain improbable situation, i.e. overpaid millions on a contract, royal money or assets frozen by a foreign government etc.
More details logon :File A Complaint